top of page



What do I need to bring to my personal tax appointment?


If you are a new client, please bring in a copy of your prior two years Federal and State income tax returns. 

All clients need to bring all statements of your income and deductible expenses. Such statements will include Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statements, Forms 1099, Statements of Interest, Dividends, Gross Proceeds, Pension Distributions, and Forms 1098, Mortgage Interest Statements.  A record of your charitable contributions, medical expenses, real estate taxes, casualty and theft losses, and miscellaneous business deductions if any of those categories are applicable. 


Additionally, depending on your circumstances, all other records or information related to other sources of your income and deductible expenses, including but not limited to self- employment income, social security income, tax exempt income, income from Estates or Trusts, college tuitions paid, child care expenses, estimated tax payments, and any other information you deem pertinent for tax preparation purposes.


How long must I keep my tax and financial records?


Internal Revenue Service requires you to keep your tax records and related supporting documentary information for a period of six years.  We recommend, if possible, that you keep your tax records for a minimum of ten years, just in case.  For records relating to capital assets, ie. real estate, stock and bond investments, etc. we recommend that you keep these records indefinitely to substantiate your cost basis in the case of a sale of these  types of assets.


When are my estimated tax payments due?


For individual income tax purposes, your estimated tax payment due dates are as follows:

First payment              April 15

Second payment         June 15

Third payment            September 15

Fourth payment          January 15, subsequent year


How long will it take me to receive my tax refund?


Tax refunds generally take between two weeks and six weeks to receive depending on when in the filing season you file your tax returns. 


You may expedite receipt of your tax refund by first electronically filing your tax return, and second requesting that your refund be directly deposited into your bank account.  CLICK HERE to check on the status of your refund and access the Internal Revenue Service and various State Tax Department websites.  When checking the status of your refund you should have readily available a copy of your tax return as you will need your name, social security number, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund.

bottom of page